What we are looking for
We are looking for an individual with a minimum of 5 years’ SME experience in a senior accounting role and experience of Xero is essential. This is a hands-on leadership role, working closely with a team of 2 based predominantly at our head office in Trafford, Manchester. It’s a varied and exciting role for an individual with a passion for improvement and personal growth, in a company that rewards hard work and success.
You will have strong commercial awareness and can lead by example, displaying strong interpersonal, coaching skills, IT and problem-solving skills – all while driving improvement and the use of technology in our business.
This role will suit a qualified or part qualified Accountant (AAT / ACCA/ CIMA / ACA).
Reporting to our Directors, you will head up and take overall control for our Accounts function – as a senior team member, you will be responsible for providing critical financial, operational and commercial support to the Directors and Board.
- Ensure completion of timely monthly management accounts, P&L, BS, cashflow, providing budget & variance analysis.
- Provide leadership & support for the current finance team, with a hands-on approach to maintaining day to day efficiencies.
- Undertake BS reconciliations and GL postings.
- Manage cashflow and resources effectively.
- Maintain a 13wk rolling cash flow forecast.
- Manage strategic forward purchasing of foreign currencies.
- Oversee management of invoice finance arrangement with RBS.
- Run monthly payroll, prepare annual P60s, P11Ds and other ad hoc reporting.
- Prepare and file quarterly VAT returns.
- Take the lead on R&D claims.
- Coordinate and lead on the annual audit process and year end routines.
- Support the Sales Team with financial analysis to maximise the commercial prospects for the company.
- Improve current financial processes and systems ensuring compliance with financial and tax regulations.
- Improve Gross Profit through cost savings, efficiencies, process and project management efficiencies.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Collaborate and build relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maximise performance of the team through positive and effective leadership, combined with support and coaching.
- Form and maintain a culture where individual/team development is encouraged and service standards constantly reviewed and improved upon.
- Support Directors in executing agreed company strategy.
- Undertake ad-hoc and special projects where required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ SME experience in a senior accounting role.
- Strong Excel skills and high degree of IT competency essential.
- Experience of the Xero package is essential.
- Knowledge of sourcing and producing products from UK, China, worldwide preferred.
- Experience of managing multi-currency transactions and foreign exchange platforms would be an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise and project manage.
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to manage and get the best out of a team.
- High level of interpersonal and coaching skills – we are a people centred organisation.
- You must be professional, thorough and show high levels of detail.
- Willing to commit to the hard work and time required to make the role a success.
What we are offering
- Attractive remuneration package.
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
- Pension contributions.
- Membership to Westfield Health & Rewards scheme (children under 16 also covered).
- Fantastic central location, office and local amenities.
- On-site gym, bicycle, shower and changing facilities.
- Onsite car parking space.
- Opportunity to progress personally.
- Opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping strategy and future growth of the business.
Think this could be you?
We’d love to hear from you – use the form below to send your cover letter and CV to us.